Subscribe to Viral Daily by Email Ebola nurse Said she almost went insane!!! ~ Welcome to viral

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tagged Under:

Ebola nurse Said she almost went insane!!!

By: Crypto Dina On: 11:39:00 AM
  • Share The Gag
  • More than 8,500 people have died since the Ebola outbreak began last year. While the pandemic has slowed, it has left lasting scars on many countries, especially in West Africa, and those affected by the disease.
    Rebecca Johnson worked as a nurse treating Ebola patients in Sierra Leone before contracting the virus herself. She teamed up with the World Health Organization (WHO) to hold a Q&A session about her experience on Twitter.

    Johnson went into heart-wrenching detail about the toll the disease took on her body and mind. She also offered insight into underreported aspects of Ebola, such as its effects on mental health, recounting how close friends and even some family members turned their backs on her after her diagnosis.

    "I was unable to do basic things at a point in time, like, for example, walking, eating and talking, but I had to relearn doing them all through the help of my colleagues at the treatment center before I was discharged. I became blind during this phase of the Ebola disease, but I recovered my sight before discharge," Johnson said. "There was a point in time I almost lost my life."
    "Even though there is no certain cure for Ebola, early treatment is your best chance at survival.”
    Description: Ebola advice from a survivor, a helth worker who went through alot of pain but survived at last

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment